Friday, February 24, 2012

Harry Callahan @ NGA

I must confess that I know far less about photographers (bar perhaps a few "biggies," such as Ansel Adams, Frank Cappa, or Robert Doisneau) than I do about painters, so this HARRY CALLAHAN AT 100 exhibit at the NATIONAL GALLERY OF ART caught my eye.

As a total Harry Callahan greenhorn (full disclosure here: I had never even heard of him before!) I am intrigued by what this show entails.

And I am alarmed that it will close soon - on MARCH 4 - so it's high time to head over to the NGA if you're also interested in finding out more about the life's work of Harry Callahan (1912-1999).

The NGA hails him as "one of the most innovative and influential photographers of the 20th century."

Photography (c) Rodrigo Senna/Brasilia/Wikimedia Commons

No comments:

Post a Comment