Friday, February 10, 2012

What the Heck is ARTmeUPinAMERICA?

Franz Marc - Blue Horse I (1911) - Wikimedia Commons
Whenever I visit a new place I tend to seek out art.

As an ART LOVER, my aim here is to highlight select art exhibits and happenings in my hometown - Washington, DC - and all over North America.

By ART I am referring primarily to the fine arts, especially paintings.

I like paintings that scream "color, color, color!" (I have a real soft spot for, among others, the French Fauves and the German Expressionists.)

ARTmeUPinAMERICA aims to:
  • highlight great art exhibits you might want to check out.
  • seek tips from other art lovers - all comments are welcome.
All the Best to ART LOVERS everywhere!

KAREN CARSTENS

"The job of the artist is always to deepen the mystery." - Francis Bacon




No comments:

Post a Comment