Thursday, May 31, 2012

Albrecht Dürer, Gabriele Münter @ Germany.info

Here's some art-related stuff I posted last week during my deskbound, digital-era day job:

"Jawlensky and Werefkin" (1908/1909) by Gabriele Münter, oil on cardboard, 32.7 x 44.5 cm, Städtische Galerie im Lenbachhaus (© Deutsche Bundespost/Wikimedia Commons)
(1) Intro. - The Week in Germany (=all about art! JA!)

(2) Albrecht Dürer

(3) Gabriele Münter 

(I had also recently posted this here on this blog.)

When in Munich, I highly recommend the Lenbachhaus, which is perhaps my favorite museum in Germany, and certainly one of my favorite art museums in the world. (OK, so I may not have seen, like, EVERY single art museum in the world, but THIS ONE is a real gem - if you like German Expressionism and the Blue Rider movement, you will LOVE this museum. I guarantee it. The Lenbachhaus is due to reopen after an extended period of renovation in 2013.)

No comments:

Post a Comment