Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Easter Variations - The Edge of Reason (First Act)

Imagine just how endless the possibilities are to get creative with Photoshop. Here are a few more Eastertime "variations" that border on the psychedelic. The world of photography will never be the same for you once you let the good times roll with Photoshop!

Easter decorations at the Neue Galerie New York (Photo taken with an iPod by Karen Carstens)
The same image, now overlaid/altered using "cross hatch" in Photoshop.
"paint daubs"
The same image, after altering the hue and saturation with Photoshop.
"texturizer"
The same image, transformed via the "photocopy" function in Photoshop.
I really like this final "photocopy" image. The "texturizer" version is also weirdly appealing to me because it reminds me of images in picture books from my childhood. (For some reason it conjures up images in my mind of almost garishly colored books featuring puppets on adventures that I found mesmerizing as a kid which were printed sometime in the 1960s or 70s.)

No comments:

Post a Comment